Thinking of Invisalign from your Scarsdale, NY, dentist?
The idea of a mouth full of metal can stop lots of people from pursuing orthodontic treatment. Luckily, Invisalign gives older teens and adults the option of using clear aligners to straighten teeth! Read on to learn some of the advantages to choosing this orthodontic option from the Scarsdale dental office of Dr. Jeffrey Pike!
More About Invisalign
Invisalign aligners are removable clear braces that apply gentle pressure on teeth to move them into their proper position. The aligners are invisible, making them a great solution for important social occasions. It's also beneficial to use removable braces because they don't restrict your diet or make you feel self-conscious. You can remove them while you enjoy any meal, so as long as you brush/floss daily and wear them at least 20 to 22 hours a day.
Here are three reasons why you should choose Invisalign from our Scarsdale office:
- It improves oral hygiene and protects teeth: Removable orthodontic appliances make cleaning your teeth easier. It's also beneficial to use removable appliances because they're easily cleaned and act as a night guard to protect your teeth if you suffer from bruxism.
- They're discreet and comfortable: You don't have to worry about taking pictures during special events or going to an important meeting. Invisalign is discreet and the thin, flexible material doesn't irritate soft tissues like metal wires.
- They offer more dietary choices: Metal wires aren't just aesthetically disruptive, but they can also make it impossible to enjoy some of your favorite meals. With clear aligners, you can enjoy anything!
Caring for Invisalign Treatment and Post-Treatment Care
- Remove aligners daily to brush your teeth and wash out the trays with lukewarm water.
- Wear retainers to prevent teeth from moving back into their crooked position.
Interested? Give Us a Call!
Do you want to improve your smile? Do you want to dodge the braces and still have straight teeth? Find out more about Invisalign by calling up our Scarsdale office at (914) 725-0707 today!